We are implementing a strategy for the regeneration of locations to be converted in order to promote an inclusive transition in the areas surrounding the therrmal plants concerned. Our commitment is grounded on the following key principles:
- to integrate the workforce located at the affected sites by way of reassignment within the Group, thereby avoiding redundancies and a loss of know-how, involving the trade unions in this process;
- to develop training programs so as to come up with new stories of energy conversion, sustainable growth, and the development of innovative ideas;
- to work with the local communities through a multi-stakeholder approach to promote the creation of shared value throughout the project;
- to guarantee environmental protection;
- to maximize the reuse of decommissioned infrastructure, including roads, high-voltage grid connections, buildings, etc., in line with the principles of the circular economy;
- contribute to our Group's shared goals through projects related to the installation of BESS (Battery Energy Storage Systems), electric mobility, digitization, and grid stability.